Wednesday, September 21, 2011

On our 20th anniversary....



So today Paula and I celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary.  What an accomplishment!  I joke about things like how we communicate and how she had to train me (she says I'm still in training), but it's important to know that Paula laughs with me and it's all in good fun. 

I consider myself very lucky to have married my best friend.  I tell younger people that marriage is like a scale.  When you first get married you have to learn to be a couple and sometimes the bad times outweigh the good, but the longer you're together the more that balance starts to shift.  At this point in our marriage I can honestly say that I have very few bad marriage days and when I do they aren't as nearly bad as they were in the early days.

Remember that it's pretty easy to get a divorce (those who have been divorced tend to disagree), but it's tough to stay married.  The rewards for staying together and toughing it out are more than you could ever imagine.

I love you very much Paula and I look forward to the next 20 and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment